Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Finally Student Teaching

I finished my first week of student teaching. It was only for an hour a day for five days. I loved the kids and they were bright ESL students. It was an orphanage school. When I left I gave them each a stick of gum. Get this - they didn't know what it was. The teacher had to explain to them that you are not to swallow it but chew it until the flavor is gone and throw it away. (I can't help but wonder just how many of them swallowed it anyway.) It never crossed my mind they would not know what chewing gum is.

This week I am student teaching at another orphanage. It is a lot poorer and the kids are not as nearly advanced. It's down by the Mekong River and you wouldn't believe the poverty. Families living on small boats. It never ceases to amaze me the things I see.

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment