Friday, October 23, 2009

You are not going to believe this!

So there I was the other day feeling sorry for myself and crying in my root beer (okay,my Pepsi) and wishing I could go back to my comfort zone. I am on my way to my interview and I didn't even want to go, and (I think) even hoping that I would not get the job so it would be my "lightening strike" to tell me to go home. I meet the principal. He is probably a few years younger than I am. He is Canadian and he is single. He takes Lorna and me around the school. It is brand new private facility that will only hire women who are native English speakers. (Lorna is from the UK).

I leave the interview and have the tuk-tuk driver let me off at the Russian market so I can walk the rest of the way home (about six blocks) and I cried all the way. By the time I got home, I was over the emotionality of it all. I fell asleep and when I wake up and check my e-mail - I was offered the job. I mean - who'd a thunk? The oldest in the class and the first to get a job. The school is called American Pacific University and I will be a kindergarten teacher.

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment