Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's My Birthday!!

Well, it is my birthday today. Wonder what kind of trouble I can get myself into. Fat chance at my age!

I spent two days "observing" at my new school. He only told me I had to be there one day, but talk about "throwing me in the deep end of the pool." I honestly thought that I would only be teaching only English classes - but I am their full-time kindergarten teacher. Now, what in the heck do I know about that?? So, I went back another day to observe again. I would keep going back until I actually start on November 4th but the school is on holiday for their annual water festival (whatever that is), but it is a big deal here. So I will be doing a lot of studying an praying between now and then.

I cannot believe my good fortune to have been hired at American Pacific University. All of the teachers have to be native English speakers to even be interviewed. For some reason the principal hired me right away. I think it had to do with the fact that I have small grandchildren, so he knew I knew something about children,

I think he was also impressed that I raised a handicapped child as long as I did. He told me his brother also had a handicapped child and the brother told his wife that "It must be something on HER side of the family, because there is nothing like this on HIS side." I nearly threw up. Then he tells me the brother held that child once in 13 years before she died. I wanted to cry. So many times I just want to get down on my knees and thank God that I have been so blessed in so many ways.

I am still looking for an apartment and it is quite discouraging, Found one that could have worked, but by the time I made up my mind, they rented it to someone else and it really was too expensive for as small as it was. Looked at another this morning. Would be perfect if I had a roommate, but hate to spend that much money on rent by myself. I can live in the hotel for about the same money, but no kitchen and have to spend at least $2 a day getting to and from work everyday and the moto drivers never know where they are going even though they say they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment