Monday, October 5, 2009

Hello From Cambodia

(From E-mail originally sent 9-26-09)

The humidity is stiffling. Took 25 hours to get here.

Went to two museums yesterday that were monuments to The Killing Fields. Had to walk away a couple of times when the guide was describing the tortures that went on.

Reminds me a lot of India.

My room is small, but the bathroom is so funny. It is only big enough for a toilet and a sink and you have to move sideways to close the door. The shower is a hose hooked to the wall and the water just goes over the toilet and sink. The stairs to my room on the third floor are so steep and narrow. By the time I get there I have to take a rest before I can do anything else.

There are 26 people in my class. I am by far the oldest. My own kids are older than they are. Oh, well. I told them if they needed any motherly advice to come and see me; I would set them straight.

When/if you answer, please do so on my gmail account so I can get all the addresses transferred over. travelingcheryl@gmail.com


Later, Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment